Shauna McGee Kinney is a technology and web content writer who helps businesses and organizations communicate with customers, staff and group members.
She services two audiences, direct support to small businesses, and subcontracted services for web developers and agencies. This site (perthwrite.com) is dedicated to direct services to small businesses. If you are a web developer or agency looking for Shauna’s subcontracted, white-label copywriting, please see http://www.perth-write.com.
Rates are the same for both small and large projects, but the scope and type of services offered and terms and conditions are specialised.
What Services Shauna Offers
- Creating website copy
– identifying topics, organizing thoughts, writing text and gathering pictures
- Web content management
– updating websites by loading text, pictures and files into web pages
- Delivering business or website training
– capturing screen pictures and steps and training you and your staff perform a business task
- Writing promotional stories and case studies
– interviewing your subject-matter experts, writing copy and fact-checking for print or web formats
- Updating product information or inventory
– entering descriptions into online business tools and databases
- Managing online files
– such as resizing, renaming and sorting pictures, video and PDF files
Who Are Her Clients
Shauna specializes in working with businesses including:
- Small businesses and startups
- Community organisations, fundraising events and sports clubs
- Engineers and software developers
- Manufacturing and construction staff
- Training and human resources departments
Her services are best suited for small-to-medium sized projects, such as a software developer with three programmers and a project manager / sales manager or an engineering firm with 14 engineering and management staff.
Wait! Wait! I’ve seen a website just like this one.
No, this isn’t a dual-personality. Shauna McGee Kinney offers writing services
to two distinctly different audiences:
- Perth-Write.com (with a dash) copywriting services
for web developers and ad agencies. Click here to switch sites.
- PerthWrite.com (no dash) writing services and free tips
for small businesses.
And, if you are looking at what ‘CMS’ (Content Management System / web platform) is best for your business, talk to Shauna. She uses her own business websites to test online services and web software for usability.
Shauna has the flexibility to meet your needs on a temporary, recurring or ongoing basis. Companies choose to contract Shauna because
- They only need a writer for a small project or on a part-time basis
- Their employees are busy with projects and they don’t have time to write and update the website
- Staff are non-native English speakers
- Staff find it frustrating to communicate with business people outside of their technical field
- Staff have an annual project, such as tax preparation and only need temporary writing help
- The staff member that knew how to maintain the website left the company
- Staff don’t understand what content the web designer or programmer is asking for
Why does Shauna offer this service? She gets a great deal of personal fulfillment out of writing and providing online work. She has found that online work allows her to maintain long-term relationships (some clients have been working with Shauna for over 15 years).